Monday, March 22, 2010

No! They Really Printed That?!

Browsing through the record reviews in a recent edition (#54) of the punk zine Razorcake, I was surprised to find a review of a new Flipper album.

Aphid Peewit heaps praise on this new album, Love. But he does have one complaint:
My only gripe with Love is that their dadaistic [sic] sense of humor, exemplified in classics like "Ha Ha Ha," "Brainwash," and "The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly" sadly seems to have been packed into the urn along with the remains of Will Shatter. And Flipper without their absurdist humor is like a thalidomide baby without a clown nose.
Holy crap! That has to rank somewhere in the top ten of the most tasteless lines I've ever read in print. And if I weren't laughing so hard, I'd perhaps gather the energy to be offended and/or outraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment