Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pilgrimage

I was bummed this afternoon when I saw that Ted Leo's show in Charlotte next month was on the same night as Steve Earle's show at The ArtsCenter in Carrboro, a show for which I'd already bought tix. But I noticed on TL's sched that he was playing the next night, June 11, in Athens, GA, at the 40 Watt Club. It's a six-hour drive down to Athens, and I've often wanted to check it out, so I mulled it over and quickly decided, "What the hell, I'll road trip."

While I was looking at making hotel reservations, I decided, "Hey, I've never been to Athens before, so I might as well stay two nights and check the town out a little bit." So as I'm poking around the Web, trying to figure out what to do and what to see, I notice that the night after the TL show the very same club is hosting a certain Los Angeles punk band that goes by the name X.

So I'm going to go to three shows on consecutive nights to see Steve Earle, Ted Leo, and X.

How frucking cool is that?!?!?!

(Oh, and just to make it as utterly awesome as possible, the Athens hotel is 3 blocks from the club, which means I can drink during the TL & X shows worry-free. "BARKEEP!!!")



No comments:

Post a Comment