Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Starbucks Now Offering Earworms

Recently, I've gotten in the habit of stopping at Starbucks every morning on my way to work for a large coffee or a red eye if I'm jonesing especially hard. It's money that I don't need to spend, but it's allowed me to sleep in an extra 30 minutes each morning, so in that regard, at least, it's a bargain.

Last week saw the release of the newly remastered Beatles catalog, and Starbucks has been pushing those CDs hard, playing all Beatles on their store sound systems. So every morning, I not only pick up my coffee, but I also get an earworm that stays with me until at least lunchtime, even on days when I'm able to listen to the iPod most of the day.

This morning, it was "In My Life" that was on a loop in my brain. Tuesday, it was "I'm Looking Through You," although that was especially nice since my brain kept switching back and forth between the original and Steve Earle's cover.

If they play "Run for Your Life" while I'm in there Thursday morning, I'm leaving a generous tip. Greatest stalker song ever.

2 comments:

  1. Whew, for a minute I read "earwigs" - ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Oh no, you have to go to Whole Foods or Trader Jones for earwigs.

    ReplyDelete