Monday, April 2, 2012

Austin, Part 2

I humbly apologize to the author of The List and to the city of Austin for the doubts I expressed in my previous post Saturday afternoon.  While I stand by my original contention that the Sixth St area (specifically, Sixth between Congress Ave and Red River St) is trashy and not worth the time of anybody who isn't whoring or looking for whores or just looking for bad bars that feature bad themes and bad music, I eventually found South Congress (that area south of the Colorado River/Lady Bird Lake).  Good food, good music, good beers, good times.

Beyond that, I've greatly enjoyed Serranos (Tex-Mex), Mohawk (music club), Royal Blue Grocery (cafe/deli), The Ginger Man (bar), Stubbs (bbq; live music, too, but I didn't see any shows), Live Oak (even better bbq), The Continental Club (music club), Jo's Hot Coffee and Good Food (take a guess), Home Slice Pizza (take another guess), Guero's Taco Bar (haven't eaten there but enjoyed a mercifully cold beer while watching a smokin' hot Bakersfield-style band in the incomparable Guero's Oak Garden)...


No comments:

Post a Comment